Wednesday 25 March 2015

ARTICLE


KOKO HOTEL, LONDON
FRIDAY 13 MARCH 2015

Eliza age 27 last tour continued  at a performance at the Koko hotel in London which had the crowd screaming and going wild. She came to the event in a bold outfit to make a bold statement which reflects her personality and the music she makes.  She sang many songs from her new and last album “free spirit” which included; magic night and glorious return. She began the appearance with a very grateful speech to her fans which supported her in her rising fame she then thanked her new record company for signing her. She started by singing the very well known “dark day” which made it to number 2 in the UK top 40 on iTunes, which had the crowd going wild. She then brought out her first supporting guest which was Amy Georgia which is new on the scene she sang “colours”. The even though her supporting acts were fresh new artists their uniqueness and quirkiness made the crowd mesmerized. Eliza sang all her classic songs that all her fans know and love she sang them with Amy and  The XX. After the performance there was a after party that big names were at having a good time and we caught up with her for a little Q&A:

HOW DID YOU’RE MUSIC CAREER START?
Eliza’s singing careers started at the age of 7 where she joined the school the school choir, which then lead her to do theatre work at the age of 15. During her theatre work she did various up coming shows such as lights, genesis and tricky. Although these wasn't well known Broadway shows this made her more established as a performer. Eliza went to Brits school at the age of 16 which helped her to push start her career even more she learnt new skills to help her voice because she got specialized voice training from music teachers.
"The most eye opening experience was Brits school."
"Brits school showed me the competitiveness of the music business there were many people who were great singers and performs although this motivated me to try harder to become a great singer it. However it also made me doubt myself at times and ask myself "Am I really good enough?”.   

WHERE DO YOU GET INPIRATIONS FOR YOUR STYLE ?
I got the inspiration from many old artists I loved artists such as Rita Fracklin which had very unique and distinctive style I liked the bright colors of her outfit choices and the patterns. I definitely like the 60s to 80s fashion and this is shown through what I wear as I like to shop in vintage stores and I like retro styles. I shop at shops like Blitz they have old era clothes and I love the flared jeans the most. Growing up I always dressed differently to my school friends and my age group but I didn’t care about what people thought about my style choice and that’s the best advise I can give my fans is just be yourself and let that show.

WHAT MUSIC DID YOU LISTEN TO GROWING UP?
I listened to soul music because of my parents which loved artists such as Joe Simon and Blue magic so that’s the music that I grew up around. However I liked to listen to jazz music in m teen years such as Chet baker and Carl Sonny Leyland I just love the sound of the music and the interments used, I guess that’s why I use similar interment choice for my music such as a saxophone. However now I like the new coming artists such as Amy which just performed with me and I also like Bjork their music choice is very distinctive and nothing that I have heard before and I think that their future looks bright.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE DOING IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
I like doing lots of things when I’m not at the studio recording I’m spending time with my friends and family. I don’t get a lot of time off but when I do I try and make the most of it I like to set a goal for myself to do something spontaneous every month, last month I went sky diving last month it was the most scariest moment of my life but it was worth it. I think that we should all do what we want to do while we can we only live one! But other than that I like to spend time with my dog and we watch movies together on the sofa with popcorn, that’s my most favourite thing to do its very relaxing.

WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS AFTER MUSIC?
My plans after music is to open my own shop hopefully a vintage shop with clothes from old eras and I would renew them so they seem more modern and will appeal to a younger target audience, I may even have my own clothing line in the future.  I also want to travel the world hopefully my favourite country to go to would be Dubai, its absolutely beautiful and its filled with amazing views. I’m not completely done with music I will hopefully back when I’m ready, but I just wanted a break for a while to explore new career aspects particularly acting. I’ve already been offered a part in a new upcoming horror film my fans will have to stay tuned to see that.


Eliza then enjoyed the rest of the after party in style with many other indie artists performing and there was a special tribute Eliza’s brother to Biff Bang Pow lead singer Joe which was his birthday everyone sang happy birthday. We hope to see Eliza back in the future with a tour or a new album but until then we have all her classic hits to listen to. Eliza’s fans made her a tribute on twitter singing all her songs and this was shown in the After party which had Eliza in tears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment