Wednesday 14 January 2015

front cover developments


I've changed my front cover image to a ripped collage of my male model and and my female one. I placed my image of my female model on top becuase its more vibrant and contrasts with the image of my male model. The back image has a dark background so that the front cover wouldnt have too much contrasting colours which may make it look tacky also the dark background makes it easier for readers to read the haedlines clearly.

My main headline is "radiant" this is in white with a red shadow so  it can stand out and look like a bold statement. I got the inspiration for this from exiting indie pop/rock magazines such as clash magazine:

My masthead is a bold font and the font is also bold and white, this is the convention on most indie pop magazine and it also makes the magazine look more professional. Also i deiced to have my tittle to the left side rather than the middle because i want it to look different compared to most indie pop magazines, it also allows me to have a plug in my masthead to lead my readers into buying the magazine. The plug on my masthead is in a red circle to fit my theme colors which are black, white and red, the font is in capital letters and its quite big compared to other plugs that i have seen on other magazines. My plug is eye catching because of the color of the circle which is red this color makes my consumer more alert however i didn't want the red to be too bright because it would look odd on the front cover so i lowered the opacity so it could blend in with magazine but still look eye catching. 
     

1 comment:

  1. Is this your final cover Fasia ? Could you post up al three of your final designs in a post please

    ReplyDelete